History

Newquay Sailing Club was formally established in 1954 although sailing out of Newquay Harbour was popular for many years before this. The existing club house was constructed around about the same time as the club was formed.
At this time there were in excess of 100 members and the predominant sailing boat was the 14 monohull National Redwing.

In later years, the Mirror dinghy became very popular and in the mid 1970s the National Mirror regatta was hosted by Newquay Sailing Club. A vast flotilla of red sails filled Newquay Bay for a week.

 

Latest News